Thursday, May 6

Alice & The Caterpillar

A slanting sign post
Slanting arrows
Which to follow?
Which to trust?

She's a little girl in a blue little dress
A question mark, a game of chess
She's Cheshire, she's Lancelot
The giant mushroom,
in the parking lot

She wanders on, sign says Here
The other sign points her Over There
Maybe she should take neither,
and just walk across the grass
Some of Caterpillar's grass

I'm Caterpillar, in my cocoon,
I'm everything from sun to moon
I'm a man of riddles, a man of smoke
She senses my fumes
I make her choke

I will stroke your hair, Alice
Your dark blue curls
Blow little smoke rings,
Over your head
Then leave you with the mushroom, instead
And the slanting signs
The cookies in the glass jar
And the Drink Me wine

I have to go now, Alice
Leaving my cocoon
Hate to leave you guideless
And lost, so soon

But follow those signs, Alice
They'll lead you the way
Anywhere they take you will be
Some other where than here
And some other where than here
Will be some other place than now
Some other time or no time at all
Tea time, doubly so!
Now hurry on,
You never know

Keep your hat on, Alice, and bow
To yourself
And to no one else

Bow to no one else

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE this! :O it´s like the best bloody thing I´ve read for sooo long time. (I´ve spoken too much with Key though, he always says "bloody")

    pure love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like bloody, nothing wrong with saying bloody :o And besides anyone who is called Nyckel has to get to have a say XD

    Thanks :o it has a deeper meaning to it as well. If you relate it to me and my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, it´s not his fault having such a funny name xD

    deeper meanings or not, I love it. I wish I´d write like you, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories