Sunday, November 25

The Sky's The Limit

I'm almost 24 hours late, but as I promised, here I am, checking in my 40K! Well, technically, I suppose I'm even above that, got 41,332 words at the moment, but 40K makes up a nice check point, don't you think? Next magic number is 45K, think I've mentioned it before, but it don't hurt having it here again.
After like, 60 minutes of staring at a sentence, wondering where the hell one of my main characters were supposed to hide from her pursuers, I asked around at the Nanowrimo Forums, and got a good suggestion that finally got me moving again. After that, I'm doing fairly okay, although I have to admit I'm starting to feel a bit like I felt in the beginning - that I have absolutely no idea where my plot is taking me. Well, I know how it's all going to end, I just don't know exactly what's going to fill it out in between, but I guess I'll figure that out as I go... haha!
Right, if I'm gonna stay on schedule, maybe even exceed it a bit (I know for a fact that I won't have any time to write on the final writing day - Friday - since Nisse is coming up to visit), I better go take that twenty minute break now, before I head back to the pages of my book where I'll try to vanish for another 1,000 words.
Actually, I'm going to head out into the kitchen and check on the pannacotta. Man, that's gonna be yummy!
The Sky's The Limit, Says The Poet In The Jar.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations sweetheart! =D Keep it up and you'll make it, I know it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Becca! 40,00 is a big accomplishment, i understand why the story is slower but be stern with your pen and guide it directly to paper, make it finish the rest of the story, let the words flow through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I'm absorbing your tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow becca 40,000 (i faint for several minutes)

    well i cant really read all your writtings because of my tight scedual :( but from what i see your a writer (and you drink XI :)(ofcours i drink i'am a..)) any way great work, in 8 month i promise to read every single thing you write :)

    oh and another thin i read your poem paradise shows, and its amazing i love the word paradise and the way you used it, i speccially like this part:

    Gone are the pages of my life
    But dead ends might just help you out at times

    oh my god look how much i wrote, damn the time, see you

    ReplyDelete
  5. *gives amin a glass of water to wake him up properly* =D
    wow, thanks for all your encouragement, I'm glad you like my stuff and even more glad that you took the time to write about it so enthusiastically =D
    My fav part reading your comments is when you point at particular things you've enjoyed, so that's really great! nice reading for becca, like :D
    It's perfectly allright that you have a tight schedule, that you drop by anyway tells me everything I need to know!
    *huggies* =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dites Really different, in a good way, change is always welcome.. but personally I dont like to change, I hope I stay as i am forever simply added to as the years go on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now I really don't think I'm following... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I said I like how different your site is, the change is good... but personally I dont like to change anything, I'm old fashioned like that

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh *claps forehead* now I get it! xD
    haha yeah i guess sometimes we feel like we just wanted to be like this forever, and I feel like that all the time.. like, I don't want my birthday to come up cause I don't wanna get older... this is the perfect age :D
    but a site's different =) the whole writing thing made me wanna change the site so it looked more like a writer's place... d'you think I've managed that? :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. definately, beyond a reasonable doubt.. but its not the fact of colors or patterns, No a writer isn't defined by being a certain way, thinking a certain way NO a writer is a person with individuality set in their mind, and in that case you are a writer, your site will always be the home of a writer and NOTHING can change that.

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories