Wednesday, December 1

The Game

I can foresee how you will twist your lies
And show up when you think you're the least expected
Sorry to disappoint you but I had already predicted it
And you've ceased to be as dark and intriguing
As you wanted everyone else to believe

Still every now and then you manage to stab me
With a lucky shot, that you aim at me in spite
Can't say why, when you were the one to deny
Everything that felt even the slightest right
Everything that had to do with me

It's as if you're the one who can't let go of things
When you never lifted a finger to stop it
And as if you just had to kick me one more time
While I was lying down from the force of your punches
I had a feeling you would, I had a couple of hunches

But seriously, isn't it time to give it up and let me heal
Haven't you dealt me enough bruises already
Did you know that last time gave me a concussion
Isn't it time to aim that anger of yours elsewhere to
You were worse to me than I ever was to you

Why is it so hard for you to tell when the game has gone overboard
When you're the only one still enjoying to play
And who said you could decide the game's every fucking rule
That the world would just abide by your every need
Excuse me if I don't pay you that heed

You should have taken me if you wanted me
Instead of standing idly by
And only yourself to blame
When I decided I was out of the game


So you're on your own now, just thought I'd tell
You can sit up late at night with your book of rules
And lose another friend by every morning when you wake
At this rate you'll have lost them all
Before you realize it's too late

4 comments:

  1. A couple of the rhymes seemed forced; 'isn't it time to aim that anger of yours elsewhere to/you were worse to me than I ever was to you'

    But beyond that little bit the piece itself is really fantastic. It's to the point, angsty and full of raw uncompromised emotion. I assume that was how it was written and in that respect it is sheer brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the only part that bugged me a little bit but other than that I didn't really try to rhyme, so it's a shame if they should feel forced. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it was only a couple :) like I said, and that was the biggest one. The rhyme in the second stanze sort of did as well. But other than those two the rest of the rhyme scheme felt natural and nice. Especially 'and only yourself to blame/when I decided I was out of the game' reminds me of Points of Authority by Linkin Park.

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories