Friday, April 20

Symmetry

Your scent is still everywhere,
draped around me like a blanket
The way your voice is still everywhere,
whispering to me in the dark
I told you I'd follow you anywhere
Follow your broken heart
Like a tourniquet
Like a fresh start

Consider everything that happened until this point
Everything that made you change inside
Will you cherish those moments,
So sweet and invaluable
Learn how to rip them apart

So I couldn't project my life views on you
Couldn't apply my experiences on you
Here I thought I had become wiser,
With my insights
Weren't you more
Didn't you prove my hubris

You always make reevaluate what I see
But I never have to pretend that I'm not me
Do you realize how much that explodes
Into energy
Into symmetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories