Sunday, June 24

Robotic Machinery

I've noticed my automatic replies to your questions
Like sometimes I can't even force myself to listen
Can't keep track of your rollercoaster ride
As it speeds along, with me inside

Can you hear how cold I can be
How warm I can be

Sometimes I care so much that it hurts
That it feels like I'm about to explode out of love
Out of recently acquired respect
The moment I stopped thinking of you as kin
And started thinking of you as human

But I'm always taken aback by your robotic machinery
Your generated voice that covers for your absence
Turning me cold again, turning me into steel

Did you ever stop to think how it would sound to me
How your words might look, their shape, their pretense
For the one who's supposed to listen, to receive, and to feel

Strange how I always said I'd be different than you
I said I wouldn't look at things in your narrow way
And never become so unpredictable and unstable
Strange how I found I'm so similar to you
Shifting between cold and warm just the same
Eventually gaining the exact same label

I'm hoping I've got more control of it than you
That my awareness will prove to be part of the solution
And I'm hoping I can bloom at some point,
Before my whole life has gone by
I hope I can blossom,
I hope I can try

And every time I long for you,
For comforting arms and soothing words,
I'll remind myself I shouldn't turn to you,
Your attempts of comfort will only hurt
I'll turn to what I know as true
To my own diversions
Away from you

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories