Monday, April 30

Know Me, Love Me, Heal Me / For Your Sins

Know me.
Love me.
Heal me.
Hide me away and conceal
me.
Come so close you can feel
me.
Know me,
Love me,
and heal me.
You're the only one I'll let deal
with me.
The only one knowing what's real
with me.
Hide me away, put a seal
on me.
If you'd known me,
you could have loved me,
you would have healed me.
______________________________

Can't believe it. It's been almost a year now, and I'm still thinking about it. It's still sippering through my unconsciousness to appear in my poetry. "Darling" is still the word I use when I think of you. Tender emotions are still what I have for you, willingly replacing the fleeing anger and tears. You are the light that shimmers for me in the dark... for some unknown reason always steady in my dreams, never flickering. You are the Firefly that won't ever leave my mind, despite everything I've tried to rid you from my thoughts, to rid you from my life. Cause I think it would be best for me to live without you constantly accompanying my inner self...

For Your Sins

You wouldn't come
You always fled
You wouldn't come
The times I bled
You'd only come
When you would gain
You'd only come
If you needn't stay
When I craved you most
You'd turn your back on me
When I longed for you most
You wouldn't be with me
I've endured every second
I've spent without you since
Wonder what would'ave happened
If I hadn't fallen for your sins
You made me live my life like this
Always regretting
And desiring
That kiss
______________________________
- Poet in the Jar -

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories