Tuesday, January 11

Silk, Oblivious

You were more appealing before your insight
When it was more important what you saw,
than how you appeared
Now you've framed your eyes perfectly
With charcoal and straightened hair
And to someone who was oblivious
Who didn't know what you used to be like
To someone who didn't know you
You'd be perfect

Is there anything left in those eyes
And are they still amazed at what they see
Is the world more beautiful dressed in silk
Than plainly, like you used to
When there were still strokes of paint
Across your face

Of course I know nothing of your pain
And nothing of what goes through your mind
All I'm implying is you were more appealing
Before your insight
Before you had to try so hard
You don't have to try so hard

2 comments:

  1. I can so see this girl (I suppose it's a girl). so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a girl who inspired this, and I agree, it is sad. I do not however know if this is in anyway real, I was only judging by some photos and the impression I got was this.

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories