Tuesday, January 11

Whispers

We whispered in the darkness
Does it matter who whispered first
The words still stood out like screams
When written in the night
Like fragile promises,
Despite self-preservation
Despite everything I had taught myself
And everything life taught me
About repossession

You said it was possibe to be reinvented
That I don't have to be limited by old designs
Was that part of your whisper
Inbetween the lines
Or was I just reading lips
Searching for invisible words

We whispered in the darkness
As fleeting shadows on the wall
After the lights had gone out

Will you still be here when I wake
And will you be the same
Remaining unchanged
In the silence, in the night
When the lights have gone out

Will you still whisper to me in the darkness

2 comments:

  1. "Will you still be here when I wake
    And will you be the same
    Remaining unchanged
    In the silence, in the night
    When the lights have gone out"

    good question.

    this poem is... a bit different than usual. short and... I don't know how to put it into words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that says a lot though that this not that short poem is short for being one of mine. xD Yeah, it was a little different. I also wrote the second half much later than the first so that might have affected it.

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories