Tuesday, March 1

Artificial Light

I'm listening to Shinedown and thinking about things, just got off the phone with Mum. She always manages to make me feel better about things. I had a rather weird headache attack earlier that freaked me out a little bit, but it's all settled down by now. I guess it was a stress thing. Stressing out about things that I don't even need to stress out about, really. I guess I just need to get it through my thick head what my priorities are actually about, and, maybe even more importantly, what they're not about.


Even the man in the moon disappeared, somewhere in the stratosphere...

I try pretty hard telling myself that I'm not affected by the long winter here, but it's getting pretty unbearable. I'm so tired of the cold, of the snow and ice, of the darkness. The sun isn't even out in the day, it's just cloudy and gray, gray, gray. I was thinking maybe to go to a solarium this week or the next, just to get some artificial light and trick my body into thinking it's summer, or something. I've heard spring this year is supposed to begin on March the fifth. I can live with that (if the weather people should happen to be right, for once). And again it is confirmed that I'd rather not spend the winters here in the future, whenever that future might be.


Since it turns out I could get that funding I applied for, I found myself buying the next novel in the Dark Tower series. I'm currently reading Song of Susannah. It's nice to have a novel to read again, and something to fall back on that isn't writing, or games.


Speaking of writing I found a local writing contest I really want to enter, but I'm not sure with what. I'd prefer to enter with some new material, maybe a short story or something. But I think you can submit more than one piece, so I might submit some poetry as well. But I can't really focus on that just yet, as long as we're still doing the game project.


I really gotta kick that up again soon though.
POET IN THE JAR

3 comments:

  1. ah, don't worry, the winter is almost over! I can feel it, really. the birds are coming back and singing like crazy plus I've seen the sun at last ^^ and it's already march so yeah, the spring is here very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold fast to dreams
    For if dreams die
    Life is a broken-winged bird
    That cannot fly
    Hold fast to dreams
    For when dreams go
    Life is a barren field
    Frozen with snow

    ...Langston Hughs



    Stress can do some pretty wicked things to a person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rocco ^^ I did see the sun today, so as long as it keeps down that road I'm all fine. :)

    Hello B, welcome to the site. Nice quote you got there. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories