Thursday, March 31

Wound Up

It's been so hectic all day that I can't even be exhausted. I'm all wound up and I can't really get myself to relax. I don't really understand how I managed to time everything so badly and stress myself up about things, but at this point I guess I shouldn't be getting surprised anymore. Luckily, in the middle of all this stress, there's a couple of good news. For one, I found some missing files that I thought I'd lost, meaning I can hand in files for the project deadline that I thought wouldn't get assessed. That's good. Secondly, I handed in the keys for my old apartment today, and that's really a big weight that's off my shoulders. Even though somewhere inside I worry that they'll call me up and complain about insufficient cleaning, it's still good to know that I'll never have to live in the old place anymore. Even living here now, in the middle of a freaking war zone of cardboard boxes, it's still better than being split up in two different places or kind of leasing someone else's space for a while. As with all my apartments this one calls for a name and I knew directly it would be called The Lagoon. 


Moving on.


We're officially done with the game project but also we're thrown directly into the next course which, too, is pretty exhausting. We don't do much else but watch movies and attend lectures all day, but that's just the problem, there's just no time to do the actual assignments. But we'll figure it out somehow, I just wish there was more individual work involved. No offense, but... after the project you kind of don't want to be dependent on your groupmates, for once.


That's all for now since I'm in a stressed period of complete writer's block. I'm hoping to pick up an editing project quite soon to take my mind off things and that just might get me back on track again. I sure hope it will for the sake of Ella, who is currently just lying around in the drawer not being written and being quite bored.


THAT'S ALL, FOLKS
POET IN THE JAR

4 comments:

  1. I'm stressed out more than ever, reading 200-300 pages per day for exams, but I'm still writing more poetry than in ages. what an odd combination.

    Glad to hear that there are some good news. and live I've already said, I'm pretty confident your writer's block will pass sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hope so. I think I need to trick myself into discovering writing is fun again, somehow. Haha, yeah I've been there too :D But as it's been lately I've basically passed out of tiredness soon as I gotten home and that doesn't write any poems :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess you need sleep more than poetry from time to time. I'm sure it gets easier, even if it sounds ridiculously cliche to say so, haha~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha it will surely get easier. Though I just managed to get an ear infection on top of all this so I haven't gotten much sleep lately after all, which sucks. All I wanna do is get back into writing, and I'm sure I know how to do so, I'm just too lazy to go fetch my external hard disk xD

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories