Thursday, April 7

Head First

How did I manage to drown my own optimism
Drown my waterfall, that I carefully built
Out of dreamscapes and more fragile hopes
Than was allowed to exist
How did I manage
How did I achieve

When did I chain myself to the ground
And sink myself into the river
With cement blocks on my feet
I couldn't even move
I couldn't even breathe

Your words all made sense
It couldn't be the things you said
And your thoughts were rational
Parts of my own suppressed ones
So why suddenly did I take a turn for the worse
And dive into the darkness, head first

Was it the only thing I had to cling on to
The only remnant I had of a muse
When all my other canals had dried up

Although by now I am chained to the ground
I haven't given up on the dreams that I found
And I know there could be more sinister things
I just need to save up for stronger wings

Drown yourself in self pity and desertion
Maybe that way you could run away
And all the problems that surrounded you
Will magically disappear, with the snap of your fingers
But didn't anyone tell you
It doesn't work that way

As long as you won't face what's ahead
And as long as you don't brace yourself
Against the truth
You won't last
And I won't last,
with you

4 comments:

  1. "Drown yourself in self pity and desertion
    Maybe that way you could run away
    And all the problems that surrounded you
    Will magically disappear, with the snap of your fingers
    But didn't anyone tell you
    It doesn't work that way"

    writer's block has been defeated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!

    If you hadn't believed in me, it would have been so much harder. But I won't admit writer's block defeated until I get into prose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, no problem. that's what friends are for, right ^^ but you're a writer, it won't go anywhere just like that.

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories