Monday, June 13

Harvest Safety

I don't want to know how you harvest safety
Spare me your instructions, please
They serve no other purpose to me
than to make death and aging tangible
You remind me that our days are short
With all your talk and bureaucracy
Please, leave me to find my own peace
when it's not dependent on plans for my future
that you have created for my own good
Seriously, do all your words make you any happier
or any less vulnerable to pain
I'll let you take care of the numbers and recommendations
while I savor the moment, while I stay sane
_____________________________________

Yeah, I promised myself to start putting away money for my retirement by the time I hit twenty-five. Maybe... hopefully... if I have any income by then... honestly... well, we'll just have to wait and see.
POET IN THE JAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories