Wednesday, November 16

They Always Fall Down

I can feel them burning, burning like fire in my eyes
I can't let them out, can't let them escape
I can't unleash the waterfall
and the waterfall always starts
with just one drop

If I succumb to them what happens to my anger
To my conviction that this was only to be expected
I'll only fall again, and become the sacrifice needed
To avoid confrontations and ill words
To feed my feeling of being safe
And cradled

but some things aren't worth what they cost to achieve

No, I can't let them fall, I can't
If only there was another way to channel them
If only I could send them back and pretend
they never burned in my eyes like fire
Pretend they never blurred my sight
But in the end they always fall
And there's only one way to fall
Down

They always fall down

2 comments:

  1. "but some things aren't worth what they cost to achieve"

    so short yet very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it was like an emotional burst of creativity of sorts so it's quite short and intense.

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories