Sunday, December 11

Post-Happiness Infusion

Are these my real thoughts
My actual ideas put in words
Or are they just a product of depression
A post-happiness infusion
A post-happiness display

Everything was so stable
Until I was murdered
By sentimental happiness

Have you ever felt it's impossible to learn
That you always fall back into your own past mistakes
As if you set a pattern for yourself that you must now follow
It's in your blood and carved in stone
Forged from your fear of the comfortable
And from your fear of being alone
In combination

Everything was so stable
I had pieced together everything I could find
Every little piece of paper, pieced together with glue
Forming the most delicate of statues
I had waterproofed it
So it would sail safely
In the rain
In the gutters

Had I ever expected the glue to dissolve
Or for the sun to kill its way through the darkness
Had I ever expected all these connections
All these encapsuled memories
Trapped in my mind
Escaping in laughter
And in tears

Why can't I embrace the unpredictable
Why am I dependent on scenarios in my mind
I relive them always, chasing the undeniable
And creating new ones from time to time
The plausible, the impossible, the improbable
They all struggle in my mind
And when reality strikes
I realize

It never matters what wars go on inside of me
When I only struggled for show and for comfort
Forcing my demons to believe my sugarcoated whispers
In promises about tomorrows I had no right to give away
Tomorrows that were never mine
They were only mine to borrow

2 comments:

  1. "Why can't I embrace the unpredictable
    Why am I dependent on scenarios in my mind
    I relive them always, chasing the undeniable
    And creating new ones from time to time
    The plausible, the impossible, the improbable
    They all struggle in my mind
    And when reality strikes
    I realize

    It never matters what wars go on inside of me
    When I only struggled for show and for comfort
    Forcing my demons to believe my sugarcoated whispers
    In promises about tomorrows I had no right to give away
    Tomorrows that were never mine
    They were only mine to borrow"

    there seems to be so many levels and messages between lines and verses that it's hard to say what I think of this one. I mean, I like it but the message depends completely on what level I choose to talk about. work of a master, I'd say. and yet again so many lines that are so me and remind me of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I'm trying to describe two feelings that collide with eachother and create this resulting confusion. But I'd say whatever level works for you, just pick that, I don't write to offer any absolute truths, half of poetry is in the reading and interpreting. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories