Tuesday, April 8

Amorously Ambiguous

Listen. You'd think in this place, in this country, in this world, in this universe for God's sake, we'd be free. Free enough, at least, in love. Why do everyone keep believing that the ultimate way of loving someone is one man and one woman loving eachother? And if it's so accepted with homosexuality, why do people go around carrying their secrets inside of themselves, afraid anyone will find out? Why do we always say that it's okay to live, and love, however you want, but still you find people making the most revolting remarks and giving the most disgusted looks if anything you do differs from themselves, and their way of living?
But that's not really the burning issue, the topic that makes my cheeks burn and heart to throb. It's the monogamy issue I'm being the most passionate about. I'm simply saying, who the hell invented the "core family"? That what you're simply supposed to do in life is find someone of your opposite sex, love that person forever and get the kids nature intended you to breed, and go on to buying the Volvo and the dog and whatever. Why does it matter? Why can't we just use our hearts, so tremblingly full to the brim of emotions in conflict with eachother, to love everyone we happen to love and be happy with it? Isn't it possible to find your heart beating faster for more than one person? To want to stay in the warm embrace of your friends and wishing at times that you could have them all as lovers?
Even though you might know the feeling, you'd automatically sort it out as "wrong". Wouldn't you? Cause that's what you've been taught all a while you grew up, innit? That feeling, you'd call it cheating, you'd call it backfiring passion, you'd call it being the player type of person. You'd call it being young and wild and naive, rebellious, not knowing which way to turn so you choose the most trendy one of being amorously ambiguous.
Give it up!
I know my heart.
I know the size and the volume of it.
I know that there is one person that I'm so fond of that I could never abandon and never would want to. And I know that there is another person, completely different, that constantly clouds my thoughts, that constantly turns my rainy day into sunshine. I know that there is a third person always hanging in there for me, who's the one my steps spontaneously take me to whenever I'm lost. I know that there's a fourth person, however far away physically, always brings a smile on my lips and a shiver down my spine, who I miss sometimes so much it hurts.
All these people are different from eachother. They differ in gender, they differ in personality and in looks, they differ in the type of bond I've got with 'em. And still... they are so much the same, because they make the same kind of feelings send pulses through my body. The pulse and passion of the deepest love and the most tender desire.
Why won't you let me?
Why can't I be free in love?
Is it wrong, really, to be with 'em all, with the same kind of bond?

Here, is where my problem lies. Here, is the source for my constant unhappiness. For however nice and dandy things might look like, this is one of the things that keep me down. Deeply unhappy. I can't help that I feel this way. That I have warm emotions for more than one person. More than the person I'm supposed to love. It doesn't mean I love that person any less. On the contrary. But what it does mean is that I have to suffocate myself, my feelings, my soul, in order to stick around. For the moment I admit what the case really is like, I'm considered the cheat. The liar. The inconsistent, unreliable, restless temptress. Which is so far away from my personality that the unfair accusation of it haunts me. And still it's there. I'm sure you know it too.

Don't hate me now, fellas. Just airing an opinion and a state of mind that has been hovering over my mind for a very long time and that needs to take a walk in the sun.
THE CURRENtLY UNSATiSFiED AND WONDERING WONDROUS
POET iN THE jAR

7 comments:

  1. I totally understand what you mean... Guess we all feel that way sometimes... :) But monogamy makes more sense to me, since I would never want to share the one I love with someone else, and I'm sure they would want the same thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yeah... but I just don't get why it should be like: "this is your one and only love and you must love this person only for the rest of your life". It just doesn't feel realistic to me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Yeah, you're right... Isn't that's why there are expressions like "break-up" and "divorce" in dictionaries...? :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Alev its not the same for what Becca is saying. She doesn't want constraint she wants to love all those to which she loves. And in such a case its considered 'wrong'... I've never felt the need for more than one but I understand desire and it is an inextinguishable lust... I wish things were as you wished Becca, but then again if they were different people would be unhappy lose/lose situation the world is, life is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ryan, you're getting straight to my point. I'm not saying we should all have ten boy- or girlfriends or anything, I'm just wondering why it has to be taboo to maybe have two? :D Oh and by the way, did you know that a few hundred years ago, the word "lover" could be used for "friend"? Imagine convos being misunderstood when reading them now, hehe! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, that'd look pretty sketchy from the way we think of things now, how humanity assumes so quickly before learning to understand.

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories