Thursday, April 3

Nano Revival

Somehow it just felt as if I wanted to head over here and share some thoughts with you.
I've kinda revived the thing I did back during Nano last year: just writing away, thinking only of word count, for a set amount of time, say, one hour? And somehow putting myself in that old phase of concentration, geez, it was like opening some sort of tap and just let all the words flood out, soaking me through.
Feels good to be back in novel writing again. For a while I wanted to do it to perfection and thus found myself staring at the pages unable to write a single word. Everything I'd written up until that point sounded ridiculous and every little word I managed to write sounded equally dumb, ha, ha. Well, I'm not gonna say that I've worked miracles or anything - my goal was to write the good ol' 1,667 words in a single hour, and I got to only as little as 639, but still... if I count everything I've written the last few months it's no where near that much.
So even though I didn't reach my goal this time, I'm damn proud even so. This means I'm on my way to the finished story.
Yihaa!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I wish i could do that.... write so many words in so little time.

    Your a great writer, cant wait to know when its done. Everything's gonna be Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If not 1,667 but, 639 words! It's still a great accomplishment! Very proud! :) I'm sure you'll finish your book very soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! With your faith in me, I have faith in me. :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories