Thursday, August 28

Emptyhanded, Empty-eyed, Empty Soul

So what?
I don't see it. The light.
For one of the first times in my life.
Even when in the darkest pit of depression, anxiety, of endless questions, of lonely corners... even when blind, even when deaf, even when apathic, there was always something.
Anything I could grab onto and guard with my life. Something to look forward to.
A flare, a star.
A sign of light.
And this time there is none. I don't have the answers to my questions. The antidote for my poision. The company for my corners. The calm for my anxiety.
I have nothing.
I'm scared as hell that we'll be standing on the street, emptyhanded, empty-eyed, empty souls, staring at the pavement, not caring. Forgetting to look up into the sky.
Forgetting we're still alive.
I can't see it.
And you won't show me.
Don't try to guide my path. I can manage getting lost myself. Don't point to your signs. I can misread them myself.
Don't drown me in your dreams.
I can do it myself.
Light or not.
THE POET in the GLASS JAR

5 comments:

  1. Wow this poem holds real POWER. Its shows real emotion, real confusion, real anger.. its powerful because its your words all wonderfully wrapped in a poetic package. Thumbsup a thousand Times Bex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha raves this is no poem, this is a diary post ;) But nevertheless I guess my poetic vein was popped up hahaha =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, it's so full of meaning, showing everything a person is as a whole and in a very poetic way, I love it honey. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha Bex, this is a VERY different type of entry from the usual.. its poetry, that speaks a thousand messages. Thumbsup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me it is just my thoughts :) Thank you anyway guys <3

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories