Thursday, August 14

Swing

I once used to know someone who liked me
I once used to sit in a swing by a tree
I once used to feel the world was mine for me to see
I once used to know how to feel, how to be

But now
as time goes by
And now
as life runs by
I'm no one

I once used to know someone who loved me
I once used to climb every hill, every tree
I once used to feel the world could give something to me
I once used to know how to believe

But now
as time goes by
And now
as life runs by
I'm no one

I'm no one

4 comments:

  1. Wow Bex, usually i'd say some shit like, "Dont feel bad" or something like that.. but this time i actually understand how you feel. This poem is about heartbreak, of how you feel like nothing afterwards because what has become your everything is gone. Thats how i'd feel without Chels :P

    But i do have to say this, cuz after you have your last sentence of your book finished you have SO much to look forward to!

    "Don't mourn what is gone, greet the dawn"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, that reminded of "greet the damn" xD

    It's a lovely piece honey, I love it. It's going into my favorites. <3 =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaah this poem is so so amazing, while its so sad.....

    i love how youve used "i once used to" its top class i would pick out line to tell you but when i look at it i have to pick them all, this is one of your very best.

    i'm still sad :(

    but this line is one of the best ive heard in my life:

    "I once used to sit in a swing by a tree"
    sooooo meaningfull

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thanks guys *blushes*

    Yah, that line is about once being innocent, now being robbed of it. :/ Much like you put it too, Rayn. I know I have a lot to look forward to =) And that's what I'm clinging on to in order to make it.

    Alev: Triple lolz xD That is still my fav misquote ;D

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories