Saturday, August 15

The Biggest Gift Box In The World

Extremely excited would be an understatement. It's almost being as excited as before meeting with POTF, but just almost! Today is Dad's 50th birthday party and what I'm looking forward to the most is seeing his face when we give him his present. See, we thought of this brilliant idea a few weeks ago. It sounded somewhat like this: "Hey, know what'd be cool? Like, really awesome? If we tried to like, build the biggest gift box in the world!" And the answer to that was somewhat like this: "Oh, and we could like, build it so that Dad can like, walk upright inside of it and search around for the gifts, we could plant them inside!"
And since we Ferms are people of our words, so be it. It has taken us a few days to finish it, but now it is finally done; and it's only missing the last few presents to be slipped into it from the back, where we left a handy little present-hiding hole. Haha! It takes a trailer to transport the thing. I gotta make sure my cam batteries are all charged, cause I don't wanna miss this for the world. And no forgetting it is filled with 350 balloons and inflatable toys of various sizes, and the fact that he'll have to cut his way in, which will make some pretty awesome and entertaining noise, I gather!
Feel like I need a sheesha right now, calm my nerves down. It's gonna be like 40 people at this party and they're basically all family (counting in-laws) and old friends to Mum and Dad, so I'm counting on hearing a lot of "Wow! You've grown!" throughout the evening. Pass me a joint! I want to avoid all questions about what I'm occupying myself with these days or why I'm not studying, or what I want to do with my life, etcetera. I hereby holy promise that every time I get that question I will have a zip of drink alternatively propose a toast. It's pretty awesome to be able to drink this time around. When Dad had his last great party at age 40, I was just 11, so. This will make a nice change of scenery. By the way I heard that one sheesha is equal to 16 packs of smokes. Is that true? Hmm.
Mum even made my bed and folded all my laundry while I was away. She must be really keen to make a good impression or she wouldn't dare step foot in my room. Especially not since that sign John gave me to "Keep Out".
POET in the SHEESHA-NEEDING JAR
PS. Also post-Finland and novel excited. Think that contributes? DS.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's the coolest idea ever! :D Hahah, he'll have so much fun. Say happy birthday for me. :)

    And I'm pretty sure the 16 pack thing is true. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a present o.O you guys are crazy in a good way! wow o.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh yes we are, but you already knew that, me thinks! ;D

    Haha, damn. I think it just tastes better than regular smokes. :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories