Thursday, August 20

Let's Finnish

I'm aware I should be editing right now, and definitely not thinking this much about a certain Cade (most recent spawn of my imagination). I also am aware that if I did sit down to write on his story, defying everything that really needed to be done; I'd probably lose time, forget myself and about work and turn up 2 hours late.
So what is it about this guy, about this story, that I can't let go of? I know it's not going to run anywhere, and I might as well write it once the editing is finished.
I guess that is one of the writer's dilemmas - inspiration never strikes you when you need it, more like the other way around.
Recently I came to rediscover my love for libraries. Always something interesting in there that you can find. Last time I was there (my second time there, in the countryside library of course), I ended up leaving with a beginner's CD course in Finnish and a comic book version of Stephen King's The Dark Tower. Not at all what I was looking for to begin with!
Alright. If this Cade is going to insist on me, I might as well open up his document and get carried away with it, to get it done. At least for just a moment...
POET in the UNUSUAL AMOUNT OF PROSE-WRITING JAR

3 comments:

  1. so how long was that moment after all? ;) 3 hours?
    Finnish? oh well, tell me when I can start to speak Finnish with you ;) (hopefully your Finnish will be better than my Swedish ever...)have a nice time while learning my dear mother language

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhmm, yeah, it did turn out something like that. xD Can never restrain myself to "just a moment" when I feel like I really have something to write about. I said to Mum today it's good sometimes to lose track of time, it means you're really enthusiastic about something. Mum said she can't remember when she did that last. I think that says it all ;)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories