Tuesday, October 4

Horror Show Halloween

Even though there's a lot of things currently on my mind, most of them having to do with school assignments; most of today I've been unable to focus simply because of what I dreamed during the night. It was so unsettling that I can't shake the feeling, even though I've been awake for hours now. The details have blurred up a bit, but in the dream, me and my friends had acquired an old, creepy mansion to have our Halloween party in and spent hours decorating it until it looked like your average horror mansion. Then, we went shopping for alcohol in a huge grocery store which didn't make sense at all, all the items were sorted by some obscure logic that took forever to navigate around. When I'd finally found some bottle of red wine we headed on to the mansion and for some reason we were now going to sit down and feast with all of the mansion's staff which had magically appeared. When we got the mansion earlier, it had been abandoned for ages. But that wasn't the weird part - the weird part was that all the staff was me. Different clothes, but they were all still me. It was like in that scene in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End where Jack Sparrow orders around a bunch of versions of himself on the Black Pearl; except this was the mansion and I was ordering around me. I also switched perspectives constantly between the different versions of me, and soon the guests were all me, too; I was everyone who was at that party. The party was going to start with a dinner and the snobby guest-me told the butler-me to go get more beer, and I became butler-me, gave a huge sigh and thought that there wasn't any more alcohol to get because the store was closed, and that I'd have to give her one of my beers, and that I didn't want to do that. But I did it anyway and made sure to take the snobby guest-me's change while I was at it (it was over four hundred, not really change but her entire wallet). And then every meal I put out as the staff I didn't get the chance to finish it as the guests before we were all lifted up by some invisible power and placed on the balcony on the floor above, complete with guests, chairs, the tables, the dishes, everything. And we just kept climbing floors and I realized that no matter how much I drank from my glass as the guests the wine never came down my throat, it vanished in my mouth.

I can't stress enough how freaked out I am by this dream and it's one of my worst nightmares in a while - even though to you it probably sounds silly, even peaceful, no action. But the environment was enough. It was completely surreal. I wish for better dreams tonight.
POET IN THE JAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories