Tuesday, October 25

Monster Walk

Seems like the only thing I can write right now are random blog posts, but who cares, since I'll have all the writing I'll ever need come November. Not to mention that Lovecraft contest entry that I'm meaning to write but haven't gotten the chance to. Honestly I don't know when I might get the chance to, since we have all our animation deadlines on Sunday, and all our storyboard deadlines on Monday, and I'm far from done with either. Typically for me I was going to fix up one of my previous animations today, in which the character is only supposed to try and open a heavy, locked door; but ended up playing around with giving him a monster walk. If I was at least a little bit responsible I would let the monster walk wait until I had at least made him try that door but there goes. My mind is a little messed up lately despite all my efforts with studying schedules and whatnot. And that just reminded me I should go look at my studying schedule. There, I have now looked at it. Oh, so that's what it says about tomorrow. Two hours of animation and the rest of the day for Storyboard - and if the Storyboard work doesn't take too long then two times two hours of animation. Wow, I have really covered all possibilites. I like looking at my planning of the week, more often than not I am surprised at how cleverly and neatly I have structured my time (now let's just hope I can keep up with that).


But enough about boring schedules and studying.
I'm so excited about Nanowrimo! It starts in just a week, luckily just when all the deadlines have been submitted. My main character Madeline attempts suicide and fails. Afterwards, she finds it impossible to remember the real reason why she wanted to die. It bothers her to the point that she goes to a hypnotherapist, Doctor Ava Lynn Gardner, in order to find out, and hopes the good doctor will be able to help her deal with it if she nears another breakdown. And so her journey through hypnosis begins. She'll be travelling through five different areas of her mind, all influenced by different traditional fairytales. The first fairytale is a dark and twisted Little Mermaid spinoff, where Doctor Ava Lynn to her great regret is forced into the shape of a human with a fish's head. Since she physically remains in the office where she sends Madeline into her own mind, the good doctor can only enter the fairytales with her voice, and her body takes on different shapes in each area. I'm currently trying to figure out what shape she will take in the Thumbelina area but that, in essence, is a whole different cattle of onions.


Well, that's that for now, I think. I need to get to bed early if I want to be anything remotely close to efficient while working on my assignments tomorrow. Good night for now and I'll see you in the various November posts about how Nanowrimo is going that the Poet is predicting. Oh, and she says hi, by the way.
POET IN THE POETRY JAR

4 comments:

  1. I don't know whether I'm looking forward to nano or not. I kind of have a plan of what I'm going to do so yeah, I think I'm going to take part but on the other hand I just don't want to do it. I don't know but I just don't have the energy or creativity right now. I just don't. not to mention all the exams in the end of November... Well I still have time to decide. I know I shouldn't feel like I have to do it but it's hard to explain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll take part! I need plenty of fun people to write with, I'd love it if you did. But of course school should come first. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the goal either, we have a big course ahead that's gonna take up a lot of my time and effort, but I'm sure as hell going to try. I have a good idea in development and I miss the craziness of Nanowrimo.

    It's not strange if you feel like that. If you don't have the energy or creativity, well, no one is forcing you to do Nanowrimo, but many times you'll be surprised how it can make you rediscover writing. So maybe try it for the first few days, see how it goes? If you still feel all empty and non-creative, then you can just leave it to rest and focus on school <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been hard to be excited about anything for the past few... weeks, is it already? I don't know. but yeah I think that by the time Tuesday comes, I'll be happily typing off anyway, haha. I didn't do nano last year and it felt so ridiculous because so many of my friends did it and yeah, november just isn't how it used to be once you've tried nano.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean, I didn't do Nano last year either, and even though I had lots of other stuff to do it just felt empty. And winter suddenly became twice as boring. Maybe we can peptalk eachother into pulling it off? :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories