Saturday, October 1

Jack's World Of Hypnosis

I'm sitting here passing some time before grabbing my coffee thermos (Achievement Unlocked: Caffeinated) and heading off to school to start on my character rigging assignment, and I'm thinking about an idea for a story that I thought of the other day, for now called "Jack's World of Hypnosis". It's about Jack, a man who's been playing with irresponsibility all his life. When his whole life situation reaches a point where every way out is a dead end, Jack is sent to a therapist specializing in hypnosis. To the good doctor, Jack is an interesting subject because he, unlike every other patient, remains present while under hypnosis. In the story we follow Jack as he submerges in the world of hypnosis and is forced to face different metaphorical creations from his own past, confronting past actions and neglect. The story to me feels very alive and caught my interest, but so far the story isn't anywhere but in my head... it seems I can't find the right words to put it down on paper. But who knows? Maybe I need to think about it for a while, letting it slowly brew and finally becoming the ingredient I need to get started. Maybe some wars'll do the trick (whenever I'll find some time for that...).

Off to school now, though, and for a completely different kind of mental challenge.
POET IN THE BUSY BUSY JAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories