Tuesday, February 21

Deep Inside Insomnia

We bought some time now, didn't we
before the world as we know it will end
Just extending this temporary haven
for a few more precious moments
this temporary solution

Did I willingly drink this delicious poison
And buy into this familiar phenomenon
I convinced myself I would cherish it, relish it
That this time the taste wouldn't be bitter, but sweet
It wouldn't eventually lead to my defeat

I knew what I was buying into, didn't I, didn't you
I knew there was a chance the world might come tumbling down
Shattering everything, every hard-earned feeling
Paid for in blood, in tears, in agony, in memory
It was part of the mechanical calculations
Carried out inside my tired mind
Deep inside insomnia

We don't live forever, do we
There isn't really time for calculations, is there
Better to follow your intuition, deeply buried
Buried beneath pride and social constructions
Rather than any actual restrictions

We don't live forever, do we
But we bought some time
Didn't we

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories