Wednesday, March 12

Hands In The Water

I watch from my island, made of stone.
Pillar-like, it rises from a raging sea.
The waves are silent, but monstrous in proportion,
in their ancient war, beneath of me.

I'm seated on a withered, powerless throne.
Once meaningful as a core defense.
But it lost its magic eons ago,
And left me alone with its lens.

I see hands in the water, I see shivering arms and skin.
I see faces of chaos, and their torture within.
I see beckoning eyes and jagged lies,
cloaked behind distorted grins.
They are lost now, and beyond me.
They haven't always been.

I'm chained to a tower, that splits the sky.
The remnant of a monument, a mighty cage.
I've been depleted, every last restortion
weakened by the untamed waves.

I see hands in the water, I see shivering arms and skin.
I see faces of chaos, and their torture within.
I see beckoning eyes and jagged lies,
cloaked behind distorted grins.
They are lost now, and beyond me.
They haven't always been.

Beast-like, they manifested, one after one,
until their creations could not be undone.
With claws and nails and teeth they spun,
until their world was an ocean.

And I, I see them scream and pray,
their silent pain, directed at me.
I, who see them struggle and fade,
I grieve for their decay.

You must understand, when the world began,
these beings were not beasts in agony.
They were ideas, inventions, and ideologies.
They were spoken words, impulses, promises, and pleas.
They were harmless, before they were spoken.
They were beautiful, before they were broken.

I see their hands in the water. I see their shivering arms, and skin.
Their faces of chaos, and torture, within.
They beckon to me, with jagged lies,
treacherous tales and thwarted grins.
They are all lost now, and beyond me.
I, perpetual guardian, carved in stone,
watch over them until they end.
I'm untouchable.
Invulnerable.

Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories