Wednesday, February 21

My Agony

you've been fed up with life since it was given to you
every now and then you'd like it to end
but you've dreaded death since it was first known to you
and the hatred of this borderline is growing in you

I've been watching your walls since you gave them to me
every then and now I'd like to force them off somehow
just trying to fix things up the way I'd like them to be
and the agony of this no-can-be is growing in me

______________________________________

I wrote this poem on January 15th, 2007. It is meant for
a friend of mine who was, and still is, going through a difficult
depression. God, I just want to stretch out and grab him and
drag him right into the safety of the Jar... even though he
seems to be far out of reach.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I hope he is feeling better now. :) So nice of you to feel so bad for him that you write a poem on how you want to save him. Great poem by the way, wish it didn't have to be so sad. :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories