Thursday, June 5

Break Us Down

What can I do when you're my only thought?
Even though I was the one
to wave you off
What can I do when you're gone?

See me,
Hear me,
Take me in
the way you used to do
Be me,
Know me,
Break me down,
the way we used to

What can I do, I know I didn't deserve you
Even when I was the one
and you were mine
What meaning is there to it all
when you're gone
I thought you'd stay a little
but I was all wrong

See me,
Hear me,
Take me in
the way you used to do
Be me,
Know me,
Leave me out,
like you are getting used to doing

What can I say more than what flows out
of my veins in words
Is everything not enough for you?
Why is everything black or white
whenever you decide
Is nothing ever grey to you?

See me,
Hear me,
Take me in
like you used to do
Be me,
Know me,
Break us down,
the way we used to

5 comments:

  1. wow, I love this poem Becca... You truly are on a roll recently, dont stop now, dont be broken down, keep sending out such wonderful poetry which reflects back to us the happenings of your life in an immaculate perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But being broken down is almost a condition for creating this poetry ;)
    :o you quite nailed it there... like I told Alev when we first got talking on the forum, my poetry is at times a kind of sophisticated diary, I'm glad you're seeing that as well.

    Thank you for keeping supporting me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't support ya :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh this one is such a great poem stay broken down for these kinda poems sake ;) again a great poem by a great poet.

    i love these lines:
    "Take me in
    the way you used to do
    Be me"

    be me wow i know what you mean and:

    "Why is everything black or white
    whenever you decide
    Is nothing ever grey to you?"

    just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwws guys! *blushes*

    Haha! Yeah, weird how desperation can fuel creativity :D

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories