Tuesday, June 3

Zombie

Hear the eagerness in your voice
Telling me everything good
and safe
you've been through
And I laugh along,
but I don't laugh with you...

Hear the pleas inside your voice
Telling me to buy your goods
and have faith
in what you've been through
And I smile along,
but I don't smile with you...

Hear the sorrow in your voice
Telling me it isn't there
It's over,
what I put you through
And I sing along,
but I don't sing with you...

Hear the innocence return to your voice
See that life over death
was your painful choice
And I dance along,
but I don't dance with you...

Pretend along,
that I didn't die with you...

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POEM! I love the flow of the words and the inner spite, its a powerful piece, probably one of the best. Great Job Becca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooooooowww! :O I'm in love with this thing! <3 Awesome work, babe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm thinking of turning it into a song, did a version of it last night that I was kind of happy with. Sooner or later I'll have the courage to put them up... <3

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories