Tuesday, May 6

Absolution


Damnit, I'm nervous, can't stop thinking about my upcoming tattoo appointment! It's yet another POTF-inspired one, saying "Absolution" (from song Locking Up The Sun) within a pattern of industrial cogs, look at the pic and tell me what you think of it! The text's gonna be in this bluey color, while the cogs are gonna be in black, you're simply just gonna have to imagine the rest, ha ha. I think it looks good, anyhows! (The nagging thought in the back of my head telling me I will never again after this be able to see my left wrist, I simply ignore, you only live once, right?)
I guess there's also something else I can't seem to stop thinking about - today it's Tuesday, my friends, only, let's count properly, two more days until I finally get to see my all time favourite band live. Twice! Two days in a row! Thanks to my street teaming work I've managed to get my name on the gig guestlists, but still isn't sure if I'm going to make use of it, since my friends will be standing in the queue outside, hehe.
Other than that, currently just leading on my lonely life, finding my way back to novelling, and completely ignoring school work, I just don't care, I'll deal with it eventually, when the deadlines are sneaking up on me. In the old days, you got more status the better grade you got, now you get status if you're the one who's managed to study the least and still managed to pass. Is that called sorting out your priorities? Yeah, it ought to be something like that.
I can enlighten you by saying it's perfectly possible to simply live on like some zombie trapped in a body that doesn't belong to you, and a mind that tries to overcome you. It's easy, just control your bunch o' cells and make them do what you want do and everything else, you shove away.
Fuck.

7 comments:

  1. VERY cool tattoo Becca! I quite like the idea, I wish I could draw like that, cuz if I could I'd be planning out places for such drawing already on myself :P

    Also: YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!! I probably wont ever get to see them but you get to see them twice, I resent your luck..... :D Just kidding have an incredible time Becca and enjoy every moment however you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, have as much as fun as you can! Make sure to take a lot of pics! Great memories of your first two POTF gigs... :D And oh yeah, don't forget to get Marko's autograph for me. ;D

    And you already know that I think the tattoo's rocking! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for liking the idea! Less than twenty days left for my appointment and my current agony is, how and when to tell Mum :D She's so gonna slay me for doing it, I can hear her voice in my head already ("Oh yeah? And how d'you think you'll ever get a job with that blob on your arm?").

    Woah, I'm sooo nervous about the gig, I had nightmares and stuff for days that the train'll be late and I'll forget to bring my cam and we'll got lost on our way there and all sorts of stuff. I'm hoping it'll work out nicely in the end :D

    It's better to be nervous they say! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll work out fine, dont worry. Also that blob on your arm will be a shining example of who you are, an artist and an incredibly unique one at that. Dont fret :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. An artist... I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poetry is an art, Prose is an art and drawing is also artistry so you, my friend, can be defined as none other than artist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww! *shy*

    You are so right, I've thought of that many times, especially when writing stories... why shouldn't it be considered a craft as any other? It definitely is art as you say. :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories