Thursday, May 29

The Write Thing To Do

Right, fellas! So it's offically over and done with! This is the day after my second tattoo and I'm really surprised about how it's turning out. The last one took only like twenty-five minutes but hurt and itched for all the time it healed up, I sure expected the same but like ten times the pain and itchiness this time, ha ha. It took three hours in total to make it, and it covers basically all of my left forearm, and I'm absolutely in love with it. The fact that it hasn't itched or anything yet only suggests to me that I'm getting into the habit, taking good care of it, and made a good choice going to a different tattoo artist. I'm very happy with the result, that is, the like twenty minutes each day that I can actually enjoy looking at it without having to peer through the thick layer of lotion constantly covering it.
Ah, it'll be nice when I don't have to do that jibberish... but now is definitely not the time to be sloppy if I wanna be able to live with it for the rest of my life! Haha. Well, I haven't had any trouble with it yet (if you don't count how not used I am to it, looking down and wondering what the hell of a monster is on my arm), except that I have to keep it covered when in the sun, meaning long sweaty days of longsleeves in the boiling heat. It really is unusually warm right now, and that I celebrate by covering myself up, haha! On the other hand the moment I go inside to get cool I have to walze around in t-shirts or something in order to give the tattoo enough of air. What a balance there! I got a few pics of it, but they were all taken when it was still in plastic and pretty much looked like shit, so I'll keep you guys waiting and post a better pic, without the lotion, the plastic, and when the colours aren't as bright but more faded as they should be.

Got an exam in a few hours, I'll be going to bed soon as I've fetched my laundry from the cellar. Lucky buggar me, got my hands on an appointment just four hours ago, someone'd cancelled theirs... it was all mine to snatch! And so I did, which was a lifesaver. I could bore you with the details but I'll simply leave it at, well, I could no longer enter my walkin closet without risking my death being crushed underneath the weight of the piles of clothes somewhere in its depths.

Also wrote a song about smoking while driving home from Mum and Dad's yesterday, called "Only Smoke When You Are Drunk", but then managed to forget the Notepad over at Ruby's. (Why did I write that with a big N?) You'll have to wait a bit for it... it's more indie style than I usually write, a bit experimental, but it's nice, I'm happy with it. And naturally, the answer to your question is no, it's not actually about smoking, but it's where I got the idea. It's a metaphor for addiction and our tendency to get drawn to what we know are bad for us.

But I guess you could have figured that out, couldn't you? You're all clever!

Tried all the local shops to get my hands on new online game Age of Conan today, but failed all over. The only copies left were Collector's Editions and I didn't think I'd afford me one of those, but when browsing through the online shops later, it seemed to be the only version available. So yeah... I kinda ordered it. Hope it'll arrive before the weekend, I'm looking forward to it a lot, tried it out at Ruby's house and even me, who've been very sceptical towards it, enjoyed it beyond reason, basically.

I got this weird idea about a novel project... I'm dying to get my hands on it and just throw myself into it, but I'm equally enthusiastic about my adventure novel, so I'm gonna stick to that for a while. Can't wait til next week when school's finally, FINALLY over, so I can just write away! That, my dear ones, is the time when I will again teach myself the literary discipline: shut down MSN and the Net, damnit, unplug it, even, and just force myself to sit with the project. No matter what comes out of it. We'll see where it all lands! But for everyone who's been with me from the beginning on this, fear not, I've more ideas and energy for it than ever. Only exams stand in the way...

THERE iS NO WRiTE OR WRONG WAY TO DO iT,

says your newly tattoo-ed and currently cheerful,
Poet IN THE Jar

7 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing the fantastically faded tattoo whenever its ready, also the new song seems like it'll be awesome!

    This line you wrote cracked me up:'(if you don't count how not used I am to it, looking down and wondering what the hell of a monster is on my arm)'... you really have a way with words Becca :P

    Also that new novel idea interest me, if you ever need to vent everything out like I usually do to you I'm there. If curiosity truly killed the cat then the raven is next on the list :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Well, I thought that line might amuse some, it amused me xD but no less perfectly true for that sake! It still looks like a huge blob that just seated itself there, and it's probably gonna take a while before I'm perfectly used to it. The old one I never had to get used to since I can never see it myself anyway :D this one's different, but totally cooler, haha!

    Haha, well, I'm sure you'll be interested in the idea, it's an unusually good one, I got it while at Mum and Dad's, watching some class B documentary on a bunch of dudes driving cargo over frozen lakes in exchange for serious cash. I'll tell you all about it if you want! =)

    haha curiosity makes man survive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be asking questions soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double commenting = curiosity beyond belief :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm dying to see the faded version too! :D Don't forget about me! =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry sweetheart, you'll be the first to catch it! =D

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories