Thursday, May 1

Drilling Holes

Heavy heart
Blacken my day
Turn my laughing eyes
into fading grey
I'll do with you since I knew you
right from the start
I'll carry you on,
my heavy heart

Heavy mind
Burden my aches
Burn my laughing bets
and ash my stakes
I'll do with you since I knew your face
when I was blind
I'll carry you onward,
my heavy mind

Heavy soul
Border my boat
Sink my laughing sails
that kept me afloat
I'll do with you since I knew your name
drilling my holes
I'll carry you on,
my heavy soul

Heart
You should have touched me
Mind
You should have taught me
Soul
You should have fought me

But none of you do

Heavy heart and mind and soul,
that's why I'll have to do with you

8 comments:

  1. So sad, but still so great!
    Please promise me that you never stop writing.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Becca, talent truly flows fluently within the wells of your veins, I agree with Nicke Never Quit Writing, its to great to be thrown away. Though I doubt you ever would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, it rocks in your super great and super sad way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone. =) This song is one of the most heartbreaking ones I think I've ever written, even singing it myself I wanna burst into tears. And still it's more than just sad. You should hear how it sounds as sung :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! heavy heart and soul and... its amazing i wrote a poem (my heavy head) some weeks ago!i havent put it on the site, there are like 20 poem i havent, hehe heavy is a nice word, and your poem is amazing especially the near last part saying what each should have done, i like that:

    "Heart
    You should have touched me
    Mind
    You should have taught me
    Soul
    You should have fought me"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, really? You should put them up on the site so that I can read! Yes, I agree, the word "heavy" is so good to describe my mood since a while back now, I guess I'm not the only one who's had that idea :P

    Thank you amin, I'm very fond of that part as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will but maybe in the next weeks or so, maybe next month, i have to put the oldest ones first, and there's no time, its a crucial poin in my life now :(

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories