Monday, July 7

Special Rain

They keep telling me we were never special
Two drops of many,
forming a sea
Well I can't help it
that you affected me
If we're just part of the rain,
or not
Special was still the impression I got
So forgive me if I won't be part of the ocean
If I wanna make my own currents and streams
I'd rather die failing while chasing my dreams
and rather drown trying to feel
all there ever was to feel
Forgive me
if I won't be nothing
And come sail
Come be safe
We'll be special rain

4 comments:

  1. "If I wanna make my own currents and streams

    I'd rather die failing while chasing my dreams"

    ^^ awesome line Bex, the whole poem was extraordinary in its wording and its powerful display of its message. I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you picked those two lines, you weren't the only one to do so! :P

    One fun thing to know about this poem is that it was originally written down as a draft (or well, fragments) on a post-it saying "Welcome to Preem" in the upper hand corner! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow amazing poem, all the lines are extraordinary, but i love these:

    "Two drops of many,
    forming a sea"

    "So forgive me if I won't be part of the ocean"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you picked other lines!
    "Two drops of many, forming a sea" was one of the first sentences that came to me with this one, quite my favourite ones myself if I was to choose :P

    Thank you all <3

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories