Saturday, October 11

Addiction

I know I'm supposed to be grown,
I'm supposed to live for tomorrows
and plan my days
I know that you expect me to know
about things and people and who I am myself
but I'm not built those ways
I was meant to waste my time with drugs
Meant to waste my time with addictions
That's how I can force myself into the brilliant art
That's how I can tell my life and my dreams apart
I know I'm supposed to be grown
Supposed to plan my tomorrows
But I'm too caught up in the moment,
forgetting
Too caught in the present current
This second
Where all of tomorrows are far away
After all, our future is not much more than just
a long row of present seconds
And every time a new day breaks
it's just another present day that it makes
I'm meant to waste my time and my life
But I want out
Will you help me?
Will you be there?

Although you have no reason
You should leave me in my frame
And I'm guessing to you it's all the same
I'm only in your way
I'm meant to waste your time
I've tried being your addiction
Will you try being mine?

6 comments:

  1. LOOVVEEE!!! <333 *marks as a favorite* Girl, I have so many favorites from you, I'm gonna have to list a "my favorites of my favorites" soon. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I love it! :D it's great! I was not expecting the ending to be as it was, but that just made it all so much better than i was expecting! keep up the good work :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. And every time a new day breaks
    it's just another present day that it makes

    Holy WOW

    That is one impressive piece Bex, I L-O-V-E-D the ending. When a poem ends well i'm caught on it, but when its also impressive throughout i am truly impressed, shocked and entranced. Thats what this poem did to me Bex, Great Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've postponed replying to your comments because at first glance I found them all overwhelming. First of all thank you so much for the warm welcoming of this piece, for favoring it and for loving the ending. I didn't have any plan to go with as I went, I just wrote the words the way they wrote themselves and wanted to be written. But they as always came very much directly from my heart and holds a special meaning to me as I read it. I can only be glad that it might hold some other special meaning to you.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! a pretty fucking good piece!!!!!

    so were you on drugs??? come on =D

    "That's how I can tell my life and my dreams apart"

    "But I'm too caught up in the moment,
    forgetting"

    i'm gonna say beautiful because in my mind there isnt a word more beautiful than beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha NO I was not on drugs writing this piece, it's more metaphorical :D But thank you nonetheless! And I sort of agree. The word beautiful in itself is beautiful. ^^ :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories