Monday, October 20

My Ceiling Sky

I let you in when I let no one else
Somehow you were already at hand
Because you took the back door in

And I couldn't predict you

I let you close when the curtains were down
You were the stars of plastic in my ceiling sky
Glowing for me when the lights went out

I couldn't predict you

And by now you're fluorescent no more
You're not illuminating my night
You took the back door out

And I couldn't predict you

I am the moth

You drew in
And made to ashes
I'm the nightfly
You let die

And I couldn't predict you

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one.. :D

    "I am the moth
    You drew in
    And made to ashes
    I'm the nightfly
    You let die

    And I couldn't predict you"

    And this part is just brilliant my friend.. Maan, I can never get tired of your poetry. :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That part was what made me cry the other day... it's maybe embarrassing to have that happen to you over your own writing but then again, it's your emotions inside it, your soul. Maybe it's even easier to connect to it that way? All I know is that this part is good. Even I admit to it. ;) Awwww you're so sweet... thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories