Tuesday, June 2

I Want To Die Beautifully

I read your words
I read them again
I'd forgotten how powerful they were

And what they once meant

I blocked out everything you said
And every word you weighed on your tongue
Carefully, before spilling

I don't think I ever guarded anything so well

I made you a secret
All the hopes I held for you
And locked it away

Did I let my guard fall?

Unexpectedly
Like you first came to me
I stumbled across you again

And remembered

Failing promises and lies
We never knew them as we told them
They're all our dying whispers now
Fading as we hold them

I heard your words
Listened again
Spoke again

And I let my guard down

Let you pierce me through
Again
I want to die beautifully
... again

_____________________________________

This poetic thing has makings to become a song, but I need to set the melody straight first, I'll tag it as both while deciding. Wow-wee, are we making progress? All the song titles I randomly came up with a while ago are springing to life out of nowhere. Hoping it goes on this way.
PS. I have a lot of things on my mind, but nothing I really feel like sharing at the moment. Just know that things are heavy and your dear Poet is an unlucky soul, in many ways. DS.
THE Dear POET Who Is In Many Ways An Unlucky Soul IN THE JAR

5 comments:

  1. Aww, beautiful. <3 I'm sure you'll make a great song out of this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Failing promises and lies
    We never knew them as we told them
    They're all our dying whispers now
    Fading as we hold them"

    Great structure! ^^
    And the whole thing's rather interesting, I'm looking forward to hearing the song :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. =) Thanks Roosa :) I think the structure was the whole problem with this piece actually, it flows well as poetry but not as much trying to sing it. I'll give it a go soon as I can though, I'm working on some other things first... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Failing promises and lies
    We never knew them as we told them
    They're all our dying whispers now
    Fading as we hold them"

    Beautiful Lines :O!!!! I totally agree with Rose on that one... and yeah.... would be nice to hear it too :)

    well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks DP. I'm most happy with those lines as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories