Tuesday, June 16

Packsack

I'm having one of my down days. One of my weird days. When stuff turn against me one second, I'm invisible and the world is meaningless in the next, and everything is hysterically funny in the third. If just I didn't have these peculiar mood swings things'd be fine. It feels quite okay to be moving back home again. It'll at least be the countryside, which is the one place in the world I can actually sleep (and tend to oversleep), and take it easy, and just be calm. I was supposed to be in town to pack and stuff today, I went there, packed half a box, then left. There's something simply so ominous and unpleasant about standing in a half-ready apartment, stuff all over, and just not knowing where to start.
Well, least now I went out and bought some more cardboard boxes (had too much of a saint's conscious to rob the grocery store of their old unused ones), so I should fit the rest of my stuff in there. As always I'm amazed by how much stuff you can gather. And then I keep throwing everything out! Yeah. My dream of living in a packsack isn't quite yet coming through, although I'm still hoping for it to (I'm gonna buy a minivan and tour Europe some day).
Someday, somehow...
Spoke to Elle today, felt nice to renew that old friendship. I bet she's gonna help out in making this summer the best ever - and as Sylvi kindly pointed out, possibly the best YEAR ever. Right now my biggest YAY goes to the fact that the last rent is paid on the flat, so from now on, all money I make this summer, is entirely mine. Minus a few, pretty much harmless bills.
Nothing like rent.
That hopefully means I can save up to go to Canada and work there next year...
CHEERIOS,
POET in the JAR

2 comments:

  1. moving is annoying. packing and unpacking. I know that feeling: you just don´t know where to start...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... and I'm like all alone here, so much stuff that the other gals I used to live with should chip in on and help out with packing. Seems though everyone is busy, I have to do it by myself. I'll make sure to play some good music and just get it over and done with, I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories