Saturday, June 20

Midsummer's, April, And Peace

Just found out that Dead By April are doing a gig thing in Trollhättan (a few miles from here) on July the 28th. No question about it, I'm going! I've been looking around for good tour dates and venues for these guys for ages. Only just found it, thanks to Jessie. Can't wait, even if it'll just be a few songs.
Other than that, yesterday was Midsummer's Eve, everyone was celebrating it heavily. I was sober for once and got home at around 4AM where I finally could stumble into bed. Only after eating some well-earned night meal, of course. I was happily surprised on one occasion, where we all were singing and Vic had his guitar out and stuff, and I requested Jason M'raz, didn't really think about it other than that. But suddenly found myself the only one singing in the room, and the others listening. Wow. One short moment but so definitely worth it. Maybe I'm not as afraid of the stage as I've been thinking? Also got the suggestion (again) to apply for Swedish Idol. Ha, ha. Not that I want to undermine myself or so, but my voice just isn't good enough for that, nor are my competitive nerves. I'll see the jury and faint.
Today is Midsummer's Day. Me and Jessie are turning around the tables and celebrating today as well. Our goal, we decided a few days back, was to make the summer of 2009 even better than that of our legendary summer, that of 2006. "Wow", Jessie said, "That might be quite difficult to beat." But we are definitely trying.
Living back home feels better than I expected. Feels great actually. My mum is her usual charming self which means she doesn't really acknowledge me at all, but Dad is being great. Either way everyone is always out anyway, at work or some place else. It leaves me some space. I really need it. Got my furniture and stuff here on Thursday, still living in cardboard boxes and seemingly unable to find the charcoal for my sheesha, but slowly my room is turning into just that, my room. The net is real slow but it allows for me to blog, keep the street team site up and check my usual sites, as well as keep MSN going. Really my lifesaver. Next week I'll be getting my own internet, so I won't have to sit on Mum and Dad's laptop all the time. I also gotta set up my stationary PC somewhere, I still have to transfer a lot of stuff from it to the external hard drive. Will probably get it over and done with in a jiffy and then unpack it again. I have my darling own laptop by now and it's going to be well used.
Can feel the difference already by living here. Not much to do other than unpack and write, and listen to music. Already got two more chapters down for the novel. Not perhaps that much, but a huge step for me, who has almost been scared of the novels for a long time lately. It's better this way I think. Very peaceful, quiet and inspiring here. A real safeport.
Speaking of.
POET in the GLASS JAR

Happily Street Teaming Again

3 comments:

  1. I vote Swedish Idol as well. I think your voice IS good enough to compete there. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnnnnhhhh... I very much doubt it. I keep getting sore when I sing too much, I can't control my voice entirely and get these ups and downs and I really need to learn how to breathe right. ^^

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories