Friday, September 17

Green Glass Bottles

I wish love came in green glass bottles
Pop it open, and drink with greed
It would grow into a drug, into a rush
An addiction
That you need

I wish passion came with harpsichords
Then all I'd have to do was listen
It'd be effortless, and painless
And finally
I'd glow

Maybe if there was a stock market for things like this
Everything you ever felt, up for trade
Every emotion, bought and sold
All that you were
Slowly to fade

I wish I wasn't dependent on vials
That I didn't tremble when the glass shattered
All the green glass, the coins, the sounds
The unicorn in the merry go round
It all broke down
It ceased to matter

Drink, with greed
Love, in a bottle
All you need
Listen, and glow
It'll all be crumbling
before you know

3 comments:

  1. I seriosly LOVE this one. it´s FREAKING AWESOME. yes, caps lock. sorry. but it is.

    I love it. I could quote the whole piece but that wouldn´t be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously LOVE YOU! Caps lock intended. Haha no, that would be pretty useless :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories