Tuesday, September 28

Of Blood And Butterflies

I've never been on the inside before
Never seen everything from this point of view
Never been the one to be careless
The one to end things that weren't there

On the outside, your world will crumble
Changing everything you thought you knew
On the outside, you will stumble
And I will have forgotten you

All of this is a first for me
What for are all these blasting guns
What for is that river of blood, on the floor
Do you bleed?
Was that me?
I'm blank
I've no memory

On the outside, your world will crumble
Changing everything you thought you knew
On the outside, you will stumble
And I will have forgotten you

Did it hurt you when you passed me through
When I was nothing but a ghost to you
Did you see my cracking and faltering smile
Did you even notice it when I died?

On the outside, my world crumbled
Changing everything I thought I knew
On the outside, I stumbled
And I'm less than nothing
Invisible, to you

I guess I needed it to be done to me
The only way to become apathic and free
If you had known I would become you
That I'd do what you did to others like you
Would it have made any difference?
Would it matter to you?

What's your life now
Apart from an illusion
What happened to your dreams
And everything you wanted to be
Did you pursue any of them
Or did they end with me

You'll never leave
You're rooted to the spot
At least I did something
You did not
Good luck with it all
With imagining things got better

On the inside, your world is crumbling
On the inside, you are stumbling
On the outside, you'll pretend
Pretend until the very end

POET IN THE JAR

4 comments:

  1. "On the outside, your world will crumble
    Changing everything you thought you knew
    On the outside, you will stumble
    And I will have forgotten you

    Did it hurt you when you passed me through
    When I was nothing but a ghost to you
    Did you see my cracking and faltering smile
    Did you even notice it when I died?"

    wow I love it. it´s freaking drop-dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I thought you might like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I did and it inspired me to write (again). no spamming this time, go and see it yourself xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, nice, I will, just going to write another piece myself first. x)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories