Thursday, September 16

Like Air

And you just said that we were like air
Empty and swept away by the wind
Please, to places I never knew
To places I never saw
With you, with the wind
With the breeze

And you, you just said we were a whisper
A whisper to fade away once spoken
Please, don't let me break
Don't let me fade

You're a silent rock, a statue
That I thought would provide the answer
Why it was all so difficult, and hard
Why I was drawn to you
Why I was ripped apart

You, you just whispered to me this is meaningless
That I'm chasing shadows that won't go away
Your voice fades out, the last thing I hear
Before I fall asleep from exhaustion

The only way I fall asleep
These days

Just leave me alone
Just leave me alone
And get out of my head
So maybe I can sleep
Without dreaming
Without your face, and voice
In my dreams

6 comments:

  1. I don´t know what to think of this... the beginning and the end don´t seem to fit together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do things need to fit together to be poetry?
    I'm not being defensive, just wondering if you're going to go all analytical on my stuff from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one, this is the stuff you were writing that you thought I wouldn't like? It's fantastic work :) I especially love 'you whispered to me this is meaningless, that I'm chasing shadows that won't go away' that definately strikes a chord in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it's the kind of piece that only comes out drunken at 3 am in the morning. Either it turns out good or it turns out like crap. I like it, it's sad but it means something that I think I can grasp (and believe me, that's not always the case with things that I write).

    ReplyDelete
  5. analytical is not what I mean xD I was pretty confused after reading it for the first time but now it seems to make more "sense"... now I can understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could tell you quite exactly what it is about, but not in detail here xD Thanks anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories