Thursday, November 6

Ticking By

Just discovered the beauty of doing word wars to pull off the daily amount of prose. Did a few five-minute ones, one 10-minute and one 8-minute race yesterday, and they all pretty much boosted my word count... no, even more so, they made all of it. In like a total of half an hour I got more written than any of the previous days. I will for sure use this technique again, much thanks to the chatbox on Nanowrimo.org.

Other than that, don't know what's up really. I'll be heading down to the cafeteria here at work in approximately 6 minutes in order to "guard" it, it's my turn to do it. That means like 30 minutes of walking round the café staring at everyone's delicious food without getting to touch it yourself. Hmm, I'm drooling already.

Somehow glad that every day that ticks by is one day less I have to spend here, one day closer to quitting. I'm really not sure I wanna stick around when spring comes... we'll see what happens. Right now I'm just such a wreck, can't deal with anything, even the easy parts of the job seems twice as difficult as they usually do. I just feel so weirded out and down. Happy that Jessie slept over last night though. And that the surprise party went well, that's good also.

Can't believe I'm even here, got a headache and a fever, but I'll be headed home early to catch some sleep.

Early bird catches the worm,
THE POET in the JAR

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, I thought you wanted to take the job if they offered you the extended one, but if you don't want to, then you don't have to. You can always look for something else. There are a lot of things a talented girl like you can do. ^^ :D

    Bah, I'm just gonna be happy with this day being over tonight, it was a disgusting day... :s They took us to a slaughterhouse this morning. O.o I'm officially vegetarian for a month from now on! xD Urgh, I can't even stand the thought of meat itself let alone eating it. :s Well, anyway, I'll go puke now.. xD xD

    Damn, I'm so sick too. :/ Stop being so identical with me! ;D Get better real soon, hon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww hon I never wanted to take the job... I said I would do it if they offered me, it's just too good a deal to bail out on. But the spring term kinda scares me with all the national tests and so on, gee. Haha no it's not just that. Some of the kids really make it all worthwhile, it's not that. It's just... I'm too caught up trying to sort myself out right now, I can't handle taking care of others too. I need to look to myself for a little bit that way :/

    Ahahah yeah, but not many of those things are available as actual jobs ^^ ;D

    Slaughterhouse?! Oh MY! I think I'll go veggy too, for like... life :S hate to see how that actually happens, i just like... want my meat on the plate and never ask any questions. One of few areas of which I leave be without critisizing :D Eww... don't. Just, eat your veggies and be happy for now xD

    Yah, will do immediately *prepares for boredom*

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories