Thursday, February 26

Marionette (In Vain)

You leave me in doubt because you can.
You leave me without because you know.
I've got this weakness built in for you,
I guess my weakness shows.

You love me, to leave me.
Know how to deceive me.
Easily fooled, little naive me.
And all I do is let you.

You make me wonder without effort.
Leave me to ponder without pain.
I'm a broken rag doll robbed of you,
I guess I'm a marionette in vain.

You love me, to leave me.
Know how to deceive me.
Easily fooled, little naive me.
And all I do is let you.

I pull the curtains closed again,
shielding myself from you.
You're part of the world, toying with me
I don't have the answers to your quiz
Although I already know all of this

You're part of the world, toying with me
And I let you play
Better be the toy and stay in the game
Than withdrawing and losing, all the same

You love me, to leave me.
Know how to deceive me.
Easily fooled, little naive me.
And all I do is let you.

2 comments:

  1. Surprise Surprise!! Look who's back!! x-D

    Becc, I so missed your works all this time.... great to finally see all of them now ! [phew]

    Marionette(In Vain) is like " oh my f**kin god"

    "You leave me in doubt because you can.
    You leave me without because you know.
    I've got this weakness built in for you,
    I guess my weakness shows."

    the very first stanza is fuckin brilliant. Pulled me right in, amazed me in ways i cant express :)


    "You love me, to leave me.
    Know how to deceive me.
    Easily fooled, little naive me.
    And all I do is let you."

    Bloody hell... :o amazing rhyme pattern of this one... (BTW, I'm musically challenged, but still i feel u cud turn this into a nice song..... but then, just ignore my amateur opinions :P )

    I cud go on and on about the following stanzas and say keep saying just the same... Man i was in need of such poetry !!


    P.S : even tho i am back, i dont have anything to post on my stranded blog page... been almost a month i have written anything...and somehow i am not worried cos i have never been in the mood to write as well... but now m sure hoping for this phase to end...
    and yeah... keep posting.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blocks come and go for writers. I'm sure yours won't last much longer. What feels like a lifetime without writing to a poet is just a second ticking by for others. ;)

    Thank you so much :o This actually is the makings of a song, I wrote it as lyrics, however I'm not quite sure of how to do it just right yet. I'm still working on that. =)

    Again thanks, it's BEYOND good to have you back. :*

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories