Thursday, February 5

22 Minutes

I've got 22 minutes,
I have to be on my way.
Flipping off the speaker switch,
muting Frank Turner's voice,
accompanying my loneliness.
Half a page of essay still unwritten,
Half a home of chores undone.
I listen still, unwanted,
And I want no one.
I've got 22 minutes,
soon decreased to 12.
I can't turn off the music,
I'm desperate as hell.
For all that makes me do it,
and gets me through the day
Is all your voices
And all you say.
I've got 22 minutes,
soon decreased to 8.
I stood frozen to your voices
And I knew that hell could wait.

4 comments:

  1. "I've got 22 minutes,
    soon decreased to 12.
    I can't turn off the music,
    I'm desperate as hell."

    Bex, hon. I adore your poetry. I tell you this so often, i know..
    but really, this is great! :D
    Hope to hear from you soon, I've missed you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you awfully lot :) I have so much to do these days it's kinda insane :D :D Thanks honey, glad you liked it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one's a very interesting one , i gotta say ..... sparked off by a sense of realism... :)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories