Wednesday, February 25

I Bet You're Busy Living

I curl up inside here, isolated
The world is waiting for me out there
With everything needed to be done
I need to clear things up
Set them straight
Get a hold of myself
of life

I'm staring into the wall
And nothing changes
Waiting for the world to resolve itself
For the trivial to pass
On its own accord

Every second I spend drifting
My conscious nags me for being useless
Every second I spend of use
I drift away, wanting to forget
Wanting to dream

I'm more of me than I ever were
Just completely different
I've lost so many things that made me
And that I'll never retrieve

I lean backwards, up the wall
The world isn't waiting for me out there
Nothing really needs to be done
It's all in my head, just like I dread
Who's gonna mourn my nothing
when I'm dead?

Wishing I wasn't out of smokes
Sitting back, amazed at life
Something as plain as just living

I'm not amazed
I'm not down
I'm not anything

Just forget about it
I don't wanna bother you
I bet you're busy living

8 comments:

  1. :/ I'm never too busy for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify in that piece, somehow. maybe I´m not that miserable, but sometimes it feels like my life is passing me and I can get on it. like.. I´m watching a movie. horibble feeling. I don´t know what I´ve done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Waiting for the world to resolve itself
    For the trivial to pass
    On its own accord"
    these lines make me say "exactly" (for some reason... dunno why actually). Good lines :)

    Truly brilliant, especially the ending and the very last line. I always enjoy reading your pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much everyone =)

    Rocco, I can't seem to comment on your posts. It never gives me the word verification (always hated those anyway :D ) and I had written all sorts of things in there. In case you wonder of my absent commenting =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so that´s why you haven´t been there.. :D I was soon coming to knock your door and ask why you left me ;P not really.. :)maybe I can do something for you and try to fix it. let´s see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did my best.. so try now. and tell me if it doesn´t still work. stupid blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. like everyone, even i could i could see myself a lot in this one...

    "I lean backwards, up the wall
    The world isn't waiting for me out there
    Nothing really needs to be done
    It's all in my head, just like I dread
    Who's gonna mourn my nothing
    when I'm dead?"

    there are many times like these when we keep questioning the reasons we keep living our lives... and ponder over whats the cause of our existence.... u really described it beautifully... i loved reading this piece a hell lot.. !!

    Thank you for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly... you really caught the sense of this one. :)You're very much welcome DP.

    Rocco, I'll give it a go. Hope I can muster the energy to retype my comments ;)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories