Monday, February 9

Cross Your Heart

You don't even know what you're doing
With your innocent lies you have made yourself a fool
Cross my heart and carry you to your chest
Cross your heart and know that you will never rest

You fight the world
And everything surrounding you
Your lies, your words
Have lost their value
You tear the world
And everyone surrounding you
You came, you're gone
I thought I knew you

I don't even know what you're doing
And I have known your signs and your patterns all my life
Cross me out and sign me out of your game
Cross me out, you will be lonely all the same

You fight the world
And everything surrounding you
Your lies, your words
Have lost their value
You tear the world
And everyone surrounding you
You came, you're gone
I thought I knew you

_____________________________

I haven't written anything with so much anger in a very long time. And it was a very long time indeed that a song just came to me without struggle to put it down. I know every up and down of this song, every word and every gasp. As if I had listened to it before. And yet it's simple. The way I imagine it is even simpler. Nothing complicated at all. Nothing acoustic like most my other songs. This one is so fast and so loud and so... well. I'll let that be up to you and your imagination. This song is about someone extremely close to me who I love, but who I have serious problems understanding. I have to vent this somehow to her.
It doesn't really matter.
She never reads what I write anyway...
THE POET in the SUNNY JAR
Simply because "frosty" seemed to depressing.

4 comments:

  1. you stole my heart with this :D something I tried to write down with "what is it that hurts you most" but compared to this... well you can see it by yourself, you´re amazing! totally, I can say I´m fan of yours. every single line in this one... stole my heart and took it somewhere far far away. (sounds stupid XD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just a beautiful piece, poetic anger in some way. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. ^^
    The anger can truly be sensed through the words (which is not as easy as it sounds like, as I suppose you know).
    The "I thought I knew you" lines hit like bricks, and if so happened that the person this is about read this I'm quite confident that she'd realize how her behavior affects others.
    Truly well written piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thank you all! I'm glad it shone through that well and translated over to you guys. Rocco, I will return your heart soon as possible ;) No seriously. Your comment really warms my heart, thank you.
    FR, I wish that would happen :D And thank you so much. Hitting like a brick is always something to desire, haha :D
    Thanks al, so sweet <3

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories