Thursday, October 1

Department of Mysteries

While trying not to be jealous at my sis - who is going to Turkey tomorrow (and if I was the one going, it would mean I could meet Alev) - at least one quite exciting thing happened to me today, and guess what, it had nothing to do with writing!
Got a phone call while entering my apartment to fetch the laundry, feeling quite off about most things in my life. Hmm, unknown number. Well, many good things happened to me by an unknown number calling; so I decided to pick up.
Conversation as follows.
"Yes, hello?"
"Hi, is this Rebecca I'm talking to?"
"Yes, it indeed is."
"I see here that you registered as a Mystery Shopper in our database a while ago?"
Finally I understand what this call is about!
"Definitely, yes."
"I have some work for you here next week, if you're still interested."
"Yes, I'm definitely interested."
"Great!"
And as it turns out, I got two days of Mystery Shopping next week at various places throughout the county - luckily I have a car - and it will pay me a rough 2,000 SEK to do it. Could turn out a bit stressful, perhaps, but still. It's 2,000 crowns!
All I need to do is to visit shops, buy what I'm supposed to buy, and then grade the staff and the shop due to a bunch of criterias that I note down and report in. And then when I send the receipts in, I get everything paid back plus a good 150 SEK per every visit (lasting about 30 minutes).
Really, it's quite the relief. I really, really need all the extra jobs I can take and all the extra money. I will try and put most of these 2,000 into my traveling jar (yes - I actually have one of those) and use it to go someplace, sometime. Maybe for the Workaway thing next year. I don't know, all I know is that it's really good pay for not so much work.
Being nervous is just part of it, I guess!
Having butterflies again, and they're not entirely due to this extra merit to put in my CV,
POET in the NOT QUITE AS EERY JAR
Now just hoping to hear about that translator job as well...

4 comments:

  1. cool :) sounds like a dream job xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is coming to Turkey? :o How did that happen? And why didn't I hear about it? *serious guy*

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is. She and Lars booked a last minute trip and just... went. I said they had to visit you but yknow my sis *serious guy*

    I considered sneaking into their suitcases and tagging along :|

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories