Saturday, October 10

Mumbo Jumbo & Date for Novel Publication

Is it a wonder that I'm tired of this shitloaded world, this shallow existence? Seems that things will never be above average. Or below average, where I am now. I think I have borrowed money from everyone by now (thank hell Grandma let off my debt to her) and the extra job I got made me have to put out a pretty damn big deal of money, or at least it was to me. Studied 5 gas stations, paid 80 crowns at each. Around 20 crowns at every kiosk I inspected. And in the shops, 7 visits of a solid 500 crowns at every stop, although luckily I could just go back there the following day and return the stuff, and get the money back. Now it's the salary I'm wanting, and it won't arrive until November 25th. Also luckily, I could borrow some money from James so I could finish the assignments. Paid one fourth of it now, and will do two more fourths later today. We'll see, since the return I did yesterday doesn't seem to have appeared yet.

The paperwork should have been finished yesterday, but when I was typing every sentence wrong at around 1 AM, I gave in for the night. I can only hope my reports will do even if some of them were filled out today. Overall, it's incredibly much bureaucracy involved with the entire thing. I have to write the same information in like, three different places, attach each receipt in the exactly correct way, etcetera, etcetera. It just never ends. I can't close my eyes without seeing shoe shops, receipt numbers, return statistics that has turned out wrong, directions written in Mumbo-Jumbo saying different instructions depending on where you read it and from what angle. Gah! I'd say shoot me now, if I wasn't so superstitious that things I say might come true if I mean them enough.

Deadline for the novel is October 31st (this is what we are aiming for). That, lads, is when you'll hopefully be able to order Even Angels Die, EAD, which is my first novel (that I have ranted too much about) and finally read it yourselves. You can either send for it from the US, from where it will be shipped, or you can download it easily as an e-book if it's more convenient for you. I'm afraid the prices haven't been set yet, since the cover design and other choices may affect the price, but what I can tell you for sure is that the electronic version will be considerably cheaper (and the shipping time will be close to zero!). So keep your eyes open! I will alert y'all when the time comes and let you know where to order from, and so on. One step closer to fame, ha, ha.

Only a rough 90 pages left to edit, then a bit of other work. I need to adjust how the chapters are divided, write the acknowledgements and dedications, add a copyright page, set the page numbers right, etcetera. I wish I had time to go over it in a second edit to be thorough with the spelling and such, but I think I'll just run a spell-check within the word processor (OpenOffice Writer, which by the way is a cost-free, awesome program). I have gone over it pretty thoroughly with this first edit (which is in fact the second edit, and yes, it's pretty complicated). Anyway I think I'll live. As I've stated before - even Stephen King makes typos.

I'm longing to get all the paperwork over and done with, so that maybe I could sit down and play some Mirror's Edge. Found the game for PC platform for just 99 crowns in a game shop. Well, y'know me, can't leave a game shop without a game. Bought it, and it was hell of a buy. I only played the first two levels (and died several times before learning) but it looks and feels very promising. If only all gamemakers were like this!

See you in the near future, and don't forget OCTOBER 31st,
POET in the GLASS JAR

4 comments:

  1. -I already commented on this over facebook- :D go see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will survive ;) just keep thinking about the feeling when this is only a past and you are a famous writer ;) and rich, of course... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Rocco, I'm afraid I'd just lose myself in that feeling and never come out again. :P

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories