Tuesday, October 13

Winter Commences

Gents - ladies - I'm afraid the novel publication will be slightly delayed. This is because we want the cover design to be just right, with the just right person to model it. And it'll take us a bit of time. Have patience through November, and see if we won't be able to do it until November 31st, the same deadline as this year's Nanowrimo. Still didn't decide whether to participate. I'll probably decide on November 1st itself.

Cold streaks around these corners, and I brace myself for the upcoming 5 months of darkness, of Scandinavian winter. It will be dark when we wake up. It will be dark when we go to bed. It will be cold, always. The sun coming out in short moments in the day will comfort us, but it won't warm us. I dig into my closet for my winter shoes, for my winter jacket. My gloves, my extra socks. All the things I'll need when the minus degrees come knocking on my door at night, wanting to break that window, creep into my bed, ice my heart...

I know I'll love the darkness at first. Love the evenings. Think it's charming to dress warm just to go outdoors. But then it will grow tiring. And depressing. And never-ending.

Winter commences.

Welcome to our world.
POET in the SCANDINAVIAN JAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Dust And Memories