Wednesday, April 1

Beautiful Scar

I wish I was still angry with you
That I'd still want to throw my words
and my rocks
I'd want to make you perish

The way I disappeared
long ago

I wish I could do something
But I'm mesmerized, again
You cast that rope out and pull me in

I wish you never whispered to me
That all the screaming had died out

I wish I could wish for other things
Maybe that I'd never ran into you
Maybe that some of the pain gone away

But then I wouldn't have had this beautiful scar

Where you rubbed your salt in
And made me disappear

long ago

9 comments:

  1. this one here is soooo damn straight-in-my-face !! its soo direct and simply said. Great way to vent out, and especially when you do :P. Really nice piece!! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's my absolute fav of these three you posted (this one, Emergency Flare and My Vulture).

    I see myself in some parts of this, and even tho I assume the scar is a metaphor, or a scar in one's soul (?), it reminded me of an actual scar that I have that was caused by someone. And I'm glad it exists. :)

    "I wish you never whispered to me
    That all the screaming had died out"

    Beautiful yet raw, I like it very much ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both of you. Roosa, it is both symbolic and real. I have actual scars as well. In all of course the idea of mental scars always stood out to me. ^^
    Again thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one. :)
    And it sounds really interesting being read out loud with a very fake Scottish accent. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great bex! so straightforawd but beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Kub!? You do that a lot with poetry? xD
    Thanks I guess! :D :D
    Aww thanks hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it happens to me a lot, not only with poetry. Most of the time it's either Scottish or Russian. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! That's a very odd yet funny detail about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I say? I'm an odd yet funny person. ;)

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories