Thursday, April 2

Racing Heart, Obstructed Lung

What do I do with this racing heart?
With this obstructed lung?
With this breath I can't control
With you

Always I'll try forgetting you
Try not to stay another second
in your arms

The only place
safe

I just want to be myself around you
To laugh like in the golden days
When we'd say the same things
At the same time

and joke it away


But I'm different
You made me change
And I lost myself around you

What do I do with this shivering voice?
Suddenly I can't even sing around you
Every time my voice breaks

With the pace of my racing heart
The clutter of my obstructed lung
This breath I can't control
With you

My voice breaks
around you

2 comments:

  1. "I just want to be myself around you
    To laugh like in the golden days
    When we'd say the same things
    At the same time"

    Personally, I once lost a person about whom I could say like this...

    Brilliantly formed poem. I couldn't pick fav lines since there were so many great ones ;P
    Good job ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can still remember the good parts about it. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

For Dust And Memories